Applications are now closed for the following three residencies – the Artist Residency; Community & Education Residency; and Curatorial & Research Residency. Selected residents will be hosted in Singapore between July 2021 and March 2023, for a period of between one and six months.
Open to both Singapore-based and international practitioners, across all discipline of the arts, the 2021 cycle focuses on processes and practices which engage with:
- Notions of “intimacy” and/or “infrastructures”
- Impact on technology on contemporary life – sociability of the internet; connectivity and capacity of networked platforms; agency and empowerment in civic technology; and digital participatory platforms
- Artist Residency – 6-month programme, open to artists and collectives who are looking to develop artistic practices and emergent modes of artmaking.
- Community & Education Residency – 1–3 months programme, open to practitioners who explore the relationship between art practice and forms of education or whose core practice engages with local communities or the public in various ways.
- Curatorial & Research Residency – 1–3 months programme, open to curators and researchers who are working on, or interested to explore, new modes of curatorial thinking and research process.
- EX-SITU: Art Spaces Residency – Application by invitation only, for art organisations based in Asia, including independent non-profit art organisations, artist-run spaces, and community-led initiatives, exploring innovative ways of activating public spaces to engage with the local art scene and public.
- Application Deadline: 28 February 2021 (11.59pm GMT+8)
- Application Review: March/April 2021
- Notification of Outcome: May/June 2021
Applications will be assessed by an international panel consisting respected professionals from different disciplines.
For enquiries, please email [email protected].
Hero image: Zai Tang and Arnont Nongyao performing at SAM at 8Q during Singapore Art Week 2019; image courtesy of Andrea Fam