The 60th International Art Exhibition of La Biennale di Venezia (Venice Biennale 2024) will run from 20 April to 24 November 2024. Established in 1895, the Venice Biennale is the world's oldest and most esteemed contemporary art event, recognized globally for its significance.
About the Singapore Pavilion:
The Singapore Pavilion will be represented by interdisciplinary artist Robert Zhao and curator Haeju Kim. This marks Singapore's 11th consecutive year participating in this esteemed international art exhibition.
We are selecting 12 Ambassadors who will be integral to the success of the Singapore Pavilion. The exhibition period will be divided into 5 periods of approximately 7 weeks each, with three Ambassadors assigned to each period. Ambassadors will undertake various duties, including administrative and technical support at the Singapore Pavilion. They will assist in managing the Pavilion's reception and ensure its general care and maintenance. Responsibilities include handling visitor enquiries, distributing brochures and catalogues to visitors, and conducting occasional tours of the exhibition for VIP guests.
- Period 1: 10 April – 27 May 2024 (7 weeks, 49 days)
- Period 2: 28 May – 15 July 2024 (7 weeks, 49 days)
- Period 3: 16 July – 2 September 2024 (7 weeks, 49 days)
- Period 4: 3 September – 21 October 2024 (7 weeks, 49 days)
- Period 5: 22 October – 24 November 2024 (4 weeks, 28 days)
Benefits for Selected Ambassadors:
SAM will provide accommodation in Venice, a daily stipend of €65 per day per Ambassador, and travel insurance to subsidize your travel and living costs, ensuring your well-being and safety in Venice during your time there.
Ambassadors will be responsible for arranging their own travel to and from Venice, Italy.
- Applicants must be Singaporean Citizens or Permanent Residents of Singapore.
- 18 years of age and above
- Proficient in English (speaking)
Applications are evaluated by an internal SAM panel. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview. Applicants will be notified of the outcome via email approximately 2 months after the close of the application window. Applicants will be assessed on their:
- Ability to commit to the full duration of the 7-week programme
- Capacity to interact with visitors as representatives of Singapore
- Relevant overseas and extra-curricular experiences
- A keen interest in contemporary art and culture
- Ability to converse in Italian and/or another European language is an advantage
The deadline for applications is 30 November 2023, 5PM (SGT). Applicants are wholly responsible for ensuring that all components of the application are received by SAM before the application deadline. SAM will not be able to arrange any extension beyond this deadline.
Terms & Conditions:
- Ambassadors are required to commit full-time during the entire 7-week period and be present at the Singapore Pavilion during opening hours.
- Ambassadors will not engage in illegal activities and/or those which are disparaging or demeaning to Singapore, her government bodies, public institutions, and/or national leaders.
- Ambassadors will endeavour to represent the Singapore Pavilion and Singapore in the best possible light as cultural ambassadors.
- SAM reserves the right not to disclose reasons for the selection and/or rejection of any application, and to reject incomplete/late applications.
For all enquiries regarding the ambassador programme, please email [email protected].